Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Reflections

Mirror

1) When I first read "Mirror", I really disliked it. I didn't like the way it was written, the syntax, and the rhythm of the text. When I first read it, I didn't really understand what it was supposed to be about, because it is pretty abstract. The second time when I read it, I understood what the poem was about, but I still don't like the way it's written and I still don't like its rhythm. 

2) I feel like the questions that were the easiest for me were ones that asked about the meaning of words in certain contexts, I feel like I really need to work on questions that ask about shifts and questions about rhythm. I'm really bad at rhythm and technical terms like iambic pentameter. 

Dulce et Decorum Est

1) When I first read the poem, I liked it, although I wasn't really paying attention to what it was saying. I liked the way it flowed. The second time I read it, I understood what it was talking about and the second time I looked up what the words at the end mean. I like how the poems is tied back together at the end by those words and how they state clearly what this poem is about, so the meaning is revealed at the end of the poem. 


No comments:

Post a Comment